This tutorial focuses on the HEADER SETTINGS. This will include changing out the logo section, the demo search right widget, the promo and subscribe bar as well as the ad/banner section.
- CUSTOM HEADER IMAGE →
- HEADER RIGHT (demo search bar) →
- BEFORE HEADER WIDGET (promo and subscribe bar) →
- TOP AD SECTION (to place your ad or banner) →
#1: Custom Header Image
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Header Image
- Click Add new image and upload the recommended size:600×160
- After uploading or selecting image it will ask to crop image or skip. If your image does not require cropping, you can skip.
#2: Header Right
- Navigate to Appearance → Widgets
- To add the Search function, just select the Search Widget on Header right (next to the logo) section
- To add Social Icons, just select the Social Icons Widget on Header right section.
#3: Before Header Top Widgets
OPTION 1: PROMO BANNER
- To add the PROMO BANNER, use the follow custom html and place it in the BEFORE HEADER TOP WIDGETS
- Select the “CUSTOM HTML WIDGET” from Widgets Section
- Then, add the below CUSTOM HTmL code into the content section.
<div class="promo"> Add promotional Text here and buy now button! <a href='#' class="promobtn">BUY IT NOW</a> </div>
OPTION 2: TOP SUBSCRIBE BAR
- To add the TOP SUBSCRIBE BAR, select the WIDGET: Genesis – eNews Extended
- Update settings as your preference
#4: TOP AD SECTION
- To display an ad or banner into the TOP AD SECTION, select the WIDGET: IMAGE
- Select an image to display along with the link you wish to connect to the image. Image recommendation is: 728×90, with a max of: 1024×120